Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Review: Elizabeth Tudor, Vampire Slayer

Lucy Weston bring to us
The Secret History of Elizabeth Tudor, Vampire Slayer.
  • Pub. Date: December 2010
  • Publisher: Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing Group
  • Format: Paperback , 303pp

This book was so much fun to read. I got into a obsession reading the Tudor series from Phillipa Gregory series and the HBO show the Tudors, so when ET Vampire Slayer was released I I knew I had to read it.
I loved the imaginary character world building presented in this book by bring the vampire element into history. Could you imagine a show on this book, it would rock! The turn of Elizabeth into a slayer was just great, we see all these character developments into her growth as a woman, a Queen, a wife, a Slayer and they are just so well described and put together into a strong cohesive story that I was amazed.
If felt in reading that this could be a believable element in history because the detail in the book was great to read. The time and place description as well as the added element of the supernatural was superb. If we added some supernatural into the history books then I bet teens these days would be interested in their history books ;)
After reading through this story and seeing all the woven elements the author put into it with the historic detail and the added supernatural I cannot wait for more from her. It was spellbinding for sure!






No comments: