Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Teaser Tuesday(12)


Teaser Tuesday for 12.28.2010 is Empty by Suzanne Weyn

Goodreads blurb:
It's the near future - the very near future - and the fossil fuels are running out. No gas. No oil. Which means no driving. No heat. Supermarkets are empty. Malls have shut down. Life has just become more local than we ever knew it could be.

Nobody expected the end to come this fast. And in the small town of Spring Valley, decisions that once seemed easy are quickly becoming matters of life and death. There is hope - there has to be hope - just there are also sacrifices that need to be made, and a whole society that needs to be rethought.

Teens like Niki, Tom, and Gwen may find what they need to survive. But their lives are never going to be the same again.


Teaser:

"A guy at the gas station told me where I could get some black market gas and gave me directions. When he told me I should ask for Luke, I realized I was going to your house." He looked toward the wall of bushed as the back of her small yard. "Hey, you live right behind me."
pg. 64 from an ARC copy


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB ofShould Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Excellent, I enjoy teasers that leave me wanting to know more. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/12/teaser-tuesdays-a-stitch-before-dying.html

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a great read.

Mine is quite different http://bit.ly/hs6O5G

Wendi said...

What a great teaser! Sounds very interesting... reminds me of the tv show Jeremiah... don't think I've gotten that arc but would love it! I'm off to search my tbr pile. :)

Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi