Thursday, October 7, 2010

Review: Plain Kate by Erin Bow

Plain KatePlain Kate by Erin Bow

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Plain Kate is an amazing book of fantasy. The author weaves you into a renaissance feeling era of story about a woodcarver's daughter who looses not only her father, her shadow, her friend and her place in life.
The story tells the tale of a girl finding what she has lost and in part loosing herself to what she does not understand. As the story unfolds you find the consequences of one night where she looses her shadow and the terrors that unfold from it. While this is a tale of loss, it is a tale of becoming. Becoming more of what you were, finding your strength and overcoming.
I must say I got teary, but in all this is a wonderful tale. This book reminds me of a great stand alone book that at the end leave you teary but happy.
Pick one up and experience it for yourself.



View all my reviews

No comments: