Thursday, October 7, 2010

Review: Lord of the Changing Winds by Rachel Neumeier

Lord of the Changing Winds (Griffin Mage, #1)Lord of the Changing Winds by Rachel Neumeier

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I love griffins, so I picked up this book at Powells over the summer. It was a great read, the characters are detailed. I guess i give it a three because I was not feeling complete after the ending. Don't get me wrong it was a great read and I went to the bookstore and picked up book two but I think I was wanting a bit more. A bit more character growth, a bit more hmm, romance, a bit less writing about the world and other people and places and palaces and place history since I really wanted was the griffins to kick arse and the girl to change and want the Lord of the Changing winds. I wish Kes was a stronger girl and not like a flowing river in any direction the story takes so I hope she grows a spine in this next book and some loins also. That would be sweet. I think shorter character names would have rocked the griffins more because there is nothing more mind warping than trying to twist thoughts around kids fighting around the home front and trying to remember handfuls of characters with 30 letter names that are not shortened or even recognizable.
So Rachel it was a great book, it was not all easy peasy, it was not smooth, but I have higher hopes for book two. Griffins are a great choice they are kinda left out of the genre and i appreciate their rebirth in your book, but maybe nicknames on them? I know it might not be might and regal and all that, but the readers are not always linguists.
Great job.



View all my reviews

No comments: