Thursday, September 23, 2010

Review: Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer

Life As We Knew It (Last Survivors, #1)Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I came upon this book when I purchased it on National Buy a Book Day. I had seen it on shelves and then passed it by, but I should not have!

In so far as the end of the world could happen scenarios in books, this one rocked. I loved the single view journal entry of the main character Miranda's view on all the happenings around her.

This story is tragic and yet beautifully written with great characters trying to survive and overcome the frozen wasteland that is now Earth. As all the events go down after an asteroid hits the moon and changes the orbit, we see the view through the diary of the sixteen year old Miranda and her family.

Life As We Knew It was a great read. In a way it is kind of epic. I think that it would be great on a reading list in high schools considering it takes a teen view on world events and on family and surviving together.

If the world was slowly ending, Miranda's mom would make a great mom, but not necessarily a helping neighbor is you did not know her. Also, don't binge on the chocolate chips from the pantry girls. Read it to get it ;)



View all my reviews

No comments: