Friday, September 10, 2010

Review: The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms



If there is one fantasy story you want to read from an author with a pretty original storyline this year, than I say read the Hundred Thousand Kingdoms.
From Author NK Jemisin this first amazingly riveting story has been published. This is a purely fantastical tale of Gods and Mortals, and those not so Mortal. A family is fighting among itself for leadership over itself and the world, surrounding themselves with slavery and magic. From dark to light this story will captivate you. You will begin to love, to hate, and comfort some of the characters within.
There are a lot of great books being released this year, but The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms, to me, stands alone it is ability to carry a new story, capture the essence of it's characters, and leave me wanting more and yet being satisfied when finished. There are no vampires, werewolves, demons, or serial killers. This book has its own set of characters which I am not going to get into, but I loved them. I enjoyed reading ever page, and all the turns the story took.
If you want a read about something new, then pick this one up.

No comments: