Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Romance Revelry: A Moment for Top Ten December Romance Reads


      Today was an average day. 4 hours of wrangling Elementary School kids, and then 5 hours of cleaning. I felt like The Help meets Daddy Daycare or something.
       But while my head was in an oven I had some time to ponder a moment: HISTORICAL ROMANCE.
       I love me some Downton Abbey, and with season 4 coming (WTF season 3?!!?!?!?? we used a box of tissues in my house of that season finale!) up I wondered about Downstairs. Like, seriously, with the cups of winter upon us and last week -12 here, I realize now why the Dowager Duchess had 15 layers of clothes on, because it was too expensive to heat the stone mansions like they wish they could. I have a house I cannot heat well with propane heat, and right now all I want is some boiling heat for an hour.
       This also brought me the memory of the fact it is Jane Austen's Birthday today, so I had me a Mr. Darcy Moment which gave me the momentum to finish up my hours.
       
        Winter brings us many great romantic reads, because what is better than to have the time to curl up in your blankies with a blazing romance and a hot hero? When my main day is over, then night surprises us with new pages of daring duchesses and dashing dukes, or a dangerous rogue. Why worry about all the things you have to do tomorrow when you can get lost in today:

Top 10 December Romance Reads

1. The Sum of All Kisses  by Julia Quin
2. Sleigh Bells in the Snow   by Sarah Morgan
3. If Wishes Were Earls  by Elizabeth Boyle
4. After The Scandal by Elizabeth Essex
5. Once A Rake by Eileen Dreyer
6. Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare
7. The Bride Says No by Cathy Maxwell
8. The Best Man by Kristan Higgins
9. Trouble With Honor by Julia Quinn
10. When The Rogue Returns by Sabrina Jeffreys


These are in no particular favorites order, just romance books I have read so far in December that I thoroughly enjoyed.

No comments: