Monday, June 4, 2012

ArmChair BEA Blogger Introduction


ArmChair BEA is on everyone and while I know that I would love to be there, unfortunately NYC is Across the Country from OR for me so I am traveling by couch this year.

So for intro's

Hello my name is Teri and I help run Snarkymamma, and I am totally an Avid Snarky Reader.

I have been blogging about books since 2010. While I am not in a great local for author signings, I volunteer up at Wordstock in Portland, OR every year and that is the highlight of my expo year.
I got into blogging at first to keep up with our growing family and then realized I spent way more time talking books than kids so I established this blog.




Currently I am reading several books through Netgalley and I would have to say that my favorite PNR release this year was A Perfect Blood by Kim Harrison, and my fav. YA release so far this year was  Thief's Covenant by Ari Marmell because it was such a new fresh heroine who while conflicted really pushed her boundaries for what was right. while my most anticipated release of 2012 will be  The Raven Boys by Maggie Steifvater.

One NonBook Thing about me that may be unknow is that I love Kayaking on lakes, not rivers, and spelunking in caves. Both totally great ways to get your kids tired while doing.

Favorite Feature On The Blog is the Dystopian Dish posts and Fist Pump Fridays that I make, but lately I have missed out on creating them due to the fact that we are moving houses, booyeah!

Where Do I See My Blog In Five Years: I hope to get up more consistent posts and tour features.
This year has been tragic and hectic, but as soon as we are at the new place it will run, right!?

My Favorite Part Of The Blogging Community is that there are so many amazing people, authors, and publishers out there. The internet and communications are just amazing. I remember writing fan mail letters when I was little, but now with computers you can actually talk back and forth between these people. EBooks are freaking fantastic, there are so many great galleys making it into the hands of readers that I am always just amazed.  I love participating in online book clubs and twitter parties. We can rehash books and break apart characters so much more than ever before. I love finding out about new and upcoming releases also.
Being able to swap books and stories between bloggers is just epic. I have teens and middle grade kids and getting new reads into their hands is so important to me that how much I can find out about online for them has been a really great experience these last few years.

Have My Tastes Changed since I started blogging, I don't think so really because I like a variety of genres and authors and with so many book released and upcoming there will always be a book to have in hand.


I want to thank everyone who stopped by and say hi!
Thank you ArmChairBEA because even though we cannot make the Expo in NYC we can all be here at ArmChair together. BEA Attendees, keep up the great Twitter Pics! We are living vicariously through you!

6 comments:

Kristin said...

I have always wanted to go cave spelunking! Nice post, hope you have a good day!

Kailana said...

Oh, cave spelunking is something I would like to check out!

Aarti said...

Wow, spelunking sounds terrifying! I am very impressed :-)

Becky B. @ Bibliognome said...

Hi, happy Armchair BEA to you. :) I agree with your other comments that spelunking sounds awesome.

Poof...books! said...

Welcome to Armchair BEA12 while it is not as much fun from the couch your feet will thank you. It sounds like Wordstock is fun but I have to confess I never heard of it.

Marg said...

Spelunking sounds terrifying to me! I am full of admiration for people who can take those kind of risks!

Enjoy your Armchair BEA experience this week!