Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Top Ten Covers I Love That Actually Represent The Reads:
Now sometimes you see a really great cover and love the book only to realize that not only was the cover art totally not part of the characters inside, nor did they do whatever they were doing in the cover art. Like when there is a hawt leather clad heroine on the cover with a huge sword, but in the book they wear jeans and wield a gun instead?! (happens a lot)
1. I loved Impossible by Nancy Werlin.
Here we have Lucy, does it not look like she is by the ocean sowing that field?
Maybe not in a dress per say but it is beautiful.
2. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi was amazing, and you have to love that turbulent sky.
3. The Golgotham Series by Nancy Collins has had a fabulous start with Right and Left
Hand Magic, both books were awesomesauce and I not only love the right depictions
of Tate's character but also the streets. The cover also has shiny fabulous swirlies
that are reminiscent of tattoo art like described in the novel.
4. The Charlie Madigan Series by Kelly Gay, I have loved all of your covers and just look
at Charlie, she doesn't wait to take crap from anyone. I also love that all of the covers
come from a scene in the series.
5. All of Allie's Covers not only rock, but they look like she is described in the series. Go
Devon Monk for rocking the home state PDX in such a fabulous Urban Fantasy Series
with Allie Beckstrom.
6. Tempest Rising by Tracy Deebs has a great portrayal of Tempest and her fabulous
7. Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride is coming out in Paperback soon with
with fabulous new cover, and while yes there is a crow in the story, I love the book
and the rocking new cover.
8. Every Alien Book has had a most awesome cover! Gini Koch has an amazing series
and a great cover artist. Not only does Kitty look fierce and is armed, but dude, look
at Martini always sporting his Armani too?! Oh yeah!
9. The new Chicagoland Vampire Series Model Covers. Chloe Neill has an amazing cast
of characters in her series, but sometime the cover art (bangs!) has not always been
perfect I do love the new covers and how rocking Merit has been in them. See she
is ready to take on Chicago with her katana.
10. An seriously Go Atticus on all of the Iron Druid covers! Kevin Hearne has a freaking
fantabulous series that was released last year and I cannot wait for Tricked coming
now in 2012.