Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Review: Scoundrel by Zoe Archer

Scoundrel (The Blades of  the Rose, #2)Scoundrel by Zoe Archer

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I read this as part of a book club read, and it was alright. Never before in a novel have a read a man talking to much to his manly parts to simmer down and repetitive 'wanna do her' comments as in this read in a long while, but it was alright. Would I have normally picked this book up? Probably not, because if you did the page 99 test, I would have put it back.
Otherwise there was great descriptions of Greece, sex on a boat, and how much clothing ladies wore historically as well as what it took to get them out of it, so at the very least I am glad I do not have to undress all that. The imagery was great for the scenery, that character interactions were alright, but the personal character commentary could have been less. Please keep me from Bennet's mind.



View all my reviews

No comments: