Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Review: Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel

Infinite Days (Vampire Queen, #1)Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Infinite Days is about a vampire, who is now a normal teenage girl. But really what is a normal teenage girl?

I really enjoyed the writing, dialogue and the character interactions in this story.

With there being a lot of vampire genre out there, don't get me wrong I love them, this was a new take on the whole idea. Most stories have the heroine being turned. This is a heroine turned back to human, and her experiences moving on from her past, and now into the mundane human world.

The back story was well intertwined into the here and now of the story. I did not feel overwhelmed in it at all.

I love Leah's ability to not reference her past onto this new human body. There is not much of the, 'oh I need to seek redemption/salvation from my x amount of years slaughtering the innocents and playing with my dinner, ' going on and there seemed to be a nice split from her past and present lives.

I love the exploration in the author's characters as they are finding out who they are through the story. The turns taken in the book were: surprising, sad, sadly beautiful, and thought provoking.

So if Infinity was awaiting you and after a few hundred year you could go back, back to the beginning back to human, would you?

Maybe if I could get past the teens ;)


Whoa I have not seen this option from GoodReads, but may perhaps it will make my reviews easier to put up ;)

1 comment:

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

Ohhh, what a really cool concept! I hadn't heard of this one before. Definitely one worth looking into. thanks for your review!