Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Book of the Week: Insatiable by Meg Cabot


My kids have all seen the Princess Diaries, and have heard Med Cabot's Allie Finkle series through books on tape, but I have never read her as a author.
I began reading this book and really enjoying it. It was a nice take on the paranormal romance genre, and I was really liking it.
I enjoyed the characters, the humor in the writing and the different things that were going along in the book, until the end.
The last few chapters really really disappointed me. I think it was too quick on a finish and it kinda just ended and I was all WTF?
Wait, that whole book culminated in that? It is the end? Or not really the end because there might be another book?
There were these interesting characters who did these funny and interesting thing with great dialog, and then like slam one scene and they are over?
So if you want a great read and an interesting finish, read the book. I really hope that there is a second, since I did like the first, but I would at least like to know there might be a second so this one does not leave a bad taste in my brain, because I want more...

No comments: